A Comedian in a Syrian Tragedy (15) + Discussion
Presented as part of Celebrating Syria: A Festival of Arts and Culture.
An intimate portrait of Syrian actor Fares Helou, who calls for freedom of speech, is forced out of his home country and experiences the absurdities of exiled existence.
This screening will be followed by a discussion with the organisers of Celebrating Syria festival.
Fares’ life changed radically when he joined the people in the streets of Damascus calling for the fall of the Syrian regime. He immediately had to go underground, and director Rami Farah joined him in hiding with a camera. When Fares flees from Syria to France, Farah follows him. However, neither actor nor director has a script for this new chapter in their lives: exile. A chapter full of questions, disappointments and alienation, but also of cultural confusion that calls for laughter.
A Comedian in a Syrian Tragedy (15) + Discussion Tickets
Sorry, there are no tickets for A Comedian in a Syrian Tragedy (15) + Discussion in Manchester available at the moment. This maybe due to one of the following reasons:
- - A Comedian in a Syrian Tragedy (15) + Discussion in Manchester tickets are currently not on sale.
- - The event has sold out.
- - Details have not yet been announced for A Comedian in a Syrian Tragedy (15) + Discussion in Manchester.
- - The event may have been cancelled.
- - The event has been and gone.