Lingui The Sacred Bonds (15)
On the outskirts of Chadian capital N’Djamena, single mother and practicing Muslim Amina (Ac Souleymane) finds out that her teenage daughter Maria is pregnant. Maria wants an abortion, but in a country where it is legally and morally condemned, Amina is in a difficult position. To honour the Lingui – the sacred bonds that bind humanity, an idea integral to Chadian culture – should she urge her daughter to have her baby in line with the tenets of her faith, or practice mother-daughter solidarity and support her right to choose?
Celebrated Chadian auteur Mahamat-Saleh Haroun’s (Abouna) vital new drama explores the bonds of loyalty between a mother and daughter and the quietly heroic individualism of ordinary people’s lives.
Lingui The Sacred Bonds (15) Tickets
Sorry, there are no tickets for Lingui The Sacred Bonds (15) in Manchester available at the moment. This maybe due to one of the following reasons:
- - Lingui The Sacred Bonds (15) in Manchester tickets are currently not on sale.
- - The event has sold out.
- - Details have not yet been announced for Lingui The Sacred Bonds (15) in Manchester.
- - The event may have been cancelled.
- - The event has been and gone.