Tenement Kid: Bobby Gillespie in Conversation
Primal Scream frontman Bobby Gillespie was born into a working-class Glaswegian family in the summer of 1961. His brilliant memoir Tenement Kid charts his childhood, his work as a printers’ apprentice, his rock ‘n’ roll epiphany at a Thin Lizzy gig and his own journey, via the Jesus and Mary Chain and Primal Scream, to cultural icon.
Published thirty years after the release of Screamadelica, Bobby Gillespie’s memoir cuts a righteous path through a decade lost to Thatcherism and saved by acid house. Join us to hear Bobby discuss his life, his influences and the making of one of the most innovative albums of the 90s.
Part of: Manchester Literature Festival 2021 at HOME
Presented by Manchester Literature Festival
Tenement Kid: Bobby Gillespie in Conversation Tickets
Sorry, there are no tickets for Tenement Kid: Bobby Gillespie in Conversation in Manchester available at the moment. This maybe due to one of the following reasons:
- - Tenement Kid: Bobby Gillespie in Conversation in Manchester tickets are currently not on sale.
- - The event has sold out.
- - Details have not yet been announced for Tenement Kid: Bobby Gillespie in Conversation in Manchester.
- - The event may have been cancelled.
- - The event has been and gone.