Between Tiny Cities
A fascinating, mesmerising dance dialogue about two cultures colliding.
In Between Tiny Cities, dancers Erak Mith, from Phnom Penh, and Aaron Lim, from Darwin, use the rituals, movement styles and language of their shared hip-hop culture to reveal the dramatically different worlds that surround them and uncover the choreographic links that unite them.
Choreographed by internationally-renowned Sydney hip-hop dance artist Nick Power and accompanied by the beats and sound design of Jack Prest, the work blends the raw, wild energy of b*boy battles with skilful improvisation and choreography, offering a cross-cultural perspective on style, culture and locality.
The project is the result of a four-year dance exchange between Darwin’s D*City Rockers and Cambodia’s Tiny Toones youth program. The two crews have travelled, trained, battled and performed together, and Between Tiny Cities, is the culmination of that exchange.
- Please note that this is a standing performance. Audiences are required to stand for the show duration of 40 minutes. If you require a chair, or any additional access provisions, please reach out to us at the details below.
Between Tiny Cities Tickets
Sorry, there are no tickets for Between Tiny Cities in Manchester available at the moment. This maybe due to one of the following reasons:
- - Between Tiny Cities in Manchester tickets are currently not on sale.
- - The event has sold out.
- - Details have not yet been announced for Between Tiny Cities in Manchester.
- - The event may have been cancelled.
- - The event has been and gone.