Psappha - De Profundis
Psappha’s pianist and new artistic director Benjamin Powell performs a programme of contemporary piano music culminating in Frederic Rzewski's earth-shattering 'De Profundis' for speaking pianist.
Based on Oscar Wilde's letter of the same name – written to his former lover Lord Alfred 'Bosie' Douglas – the work vividly portrays the wildly changing moods of Wilde as he moves from despondency to delirium.
The first half of the concert intersperses premieres from Zhenyan Li, Fraz Ireland, and Murrough Connolly with a selection of Ligeti’s ground-breaking Études on the occasion of his centenary year.
Psappha - De Profundis Tickets
Sorry, there are no tickets for Psappha - De Profundis in Manchester available at the moment. This maybe due to one of the following reasons:
- - Psappha - De Profundis in Manchester tickets are currently not on sale.
- - The event has sold out.
- - Details have not yet been announced for Psappha - De Profundis in Manchester.
- - The event may have been cancelled.
- - The event has been and gone.