Breaking the Waves (18)
Screening from a new 4K restoration, Lars von Trier’s 1996 international breakthrough, set in a small, coastal town in the Scottish Highlands, follows devoutly religious Bess who finds love with a non-religious, Norwegian oil-rig worker, Jan.
After their marriage, which is not condoned by her community, Jan suffers a terrible accident at work, leaving him paralysed and in poor health, both physically and mentally.
Unable to perform sexually, Jan persuades Bess to have sex with other men, which she comes to believe is God's work and will cure her husband.
courtesy of Curzon’s retrospective Enduring Provocations: The Films of Lars von Trier, which revisits the works of world cinema’s most renowned and daring provocateurs
Breaking the Waves (18) Tickets
Sorry, there are no tickets for Breaking the Waves (18) in Manchester available at the moment. This maybe due to one of the following reasons:
- - Breaking the Waves (18) in Manchester tickets are currently not on sale.
- - The event has sold out.
- - Details have not yet been announced for Breaking the Waves (18) in Manchester.
- - The event may have been cancelled.
- - The event has been and gone.