Enid Blyton: Noddy, Big Ears & Lashings of Controversy
Liz Grand (known for her previous shows ‘The Second Best Bed’, ‘Where is Mrs. Christie?’ and ‘Mrs. Churchill – My Life with Winston’) plays the remarkable and controversial childrens' author Enid Blyton and brings you her story.
Virtually everybody of a certain age has read an Enid Blyton book. She was loved by children (except her younger daughter who hated her) but vilified by the BBC, teachers, critics and librarians. She sold more than 600 million books, despite all her work being banned by the BBC and many libraries and schools for more than thirty years.
She was accused of being a racist and of using such limited vocabulary that it actually hindered children’s reading progress. Her love-life was interesting and she had numerous affairs including with her children’s nanny. She enjoyed playing golf so much that she bought a golf course near Swanage. She died of Alzheimer’s in 1968 aged 71, mourned by millions of readers all over the world.
Enid Blyton: Noddy, Big Ears & Lashings of Controversy Tickets
Sorry, there are no tickets for Enid Blyton: Noddy, Big Ears & Lashings of Controversy in Manchester available at the moment. This maybe due to one of the following reasons:
- - Enid Blyton: Noddy, Big Ears & Lashings of Controversy in Manchester tickets are currently not on sale.
- - The event has sold out.
- - Details have not yet been announced for Enid Blyton: Noddy, Big Ears & Lashings of Controversy in Manchester.
- - The event may have been cancelled.
- - The event has been and gone.